Hey Guys, a regular question i am asked is “How Do I wash My Hair?”
For synthetic wigs, i love the JON RENAU guide that they have produced for us all in educating us. I have this video here shown at the top, as I feel that it is amazing for a quick step guide.
My Beautiful Friend, Amber, and I have also created a wee fun guide that you can watch and work with in real time if you want to see the process while hearing our talk over WHY we do as we do.........
With every MiMo purchase, you are send a wee flyer from us - it has a step by step summary of how to wash your wigs and toppers - whether synthetic or human hair.
Remove Tangles with your Jon Renau Wide Tooth Comb
SHAMPOOING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
• Gently run tepid water over the hair
CONDITIONING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
• Most conditioners are “pump spray” conditioners (like the Estetica Designs or Jon Renau conditioning sprays)
- Ensure you avoid the top of your wig, and spray only the mid to ends of the hair length.
- If you get conditioner on the cap area - this can cause the hair to shed from your wig. NEVER apply to the top of the wig
- Normally around 2-4 pumps of conditioning spray is plenty. (Adding too much can cause the hair to feel “thick”)
- Use your wig wide tooth comb and brush product through to ends of hair.
- DO NOT RINSE OUT - this should be left in the wig.
- Our customer favourites are the Jon Renau Conditioning Spray, Estetica Designs Conditioner, Gisela Mayer Balsam.
DRYING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
- Standard synthetic wigs must NEVER have heat applied. They should be left to Air Dry.
- Use an open plastic or wire wig stand and leave to dry over night.
You should wash your standard synthetic wig around once every 6-8 wears.