Luxury Lace E by Gisela Mayer • Human Hair Collection
Save 0% Save %
Original price $1,356.00 - Original price $1,356.00
$1,356.00 - $1,356.00
Current price $1,356.00
Gisela Mayer's Luxury Lace E wig is a gorgeous high quality Asian Remy human hair wig.
The long soft smooth silky hair moves like it’s your very own.
The range of shades available are simply stunning, and you are sure to turn heads in this beautiful and elegant hair!
:Hair Type: Remy Human Hair
Cap Size: Average
Cap Construction: Lace Front, Monofilament Top, Hand Tied
Fringe / Bangs: 5.5”Crown: 17”Nape: 15”
WIGS FROM BOX
"READY TO WEAR"
• Please note that all wigs & toppers with lace front / monofilament / hand tied areas are created with these areas designed to be worn in any direction.
• When you receive your wig from box, the "READY TO WEAR" statement applies to cut. You may need to provide some minimal styling to your wig or topper dependent on how you wish it to sit.
• A typical example of this is in wigs with fringes / bangs. Some clients wear their fringe forwards, some will side sweep, and some will split the fringe. The fringe is created to sit in any direction. At times, this may come from box sitting to the right or left, or forwards. It may vary on the same wig - this is due to the HANDMADE nature and creation of these to be worn as YOU CHOOSE for your own personal style.
SYNTHETIC FIBRE: the heat of your hands combined with styling product will be required to sit the hair in a differing direction from it is received if you choose to change this direction.
HEAT FRIENDLY SYNTHETIC FIBRE: Using some low heat can easily change the style of your heat friendly synthetic fibre wig or topper.
HUMAN HAIR: If you wet the area, and comb to the required position then blow dry it will allow the position to be changed for you.
• PARTING: another common question we receive is in regard to parting. If there is a FULL MONOFILAMENT TOP - you may receive your wig with a parting set centre or left. You can change this to suit your own requirements with the same methods as described above.
Please just contact us if you have any questions on this.
the MiMo Team
Hand Variation in hair
Hand-tied items are done by thousands of different people every day. Therefore, slight variances are expected in all handmade items (Lace Fronts / Monofilament areas and Handtied Areas of hairpieces including colour placement). Some color variation, size variation, density variation etc. may vary slightly. This is NORMAL with any hand made item from any brand.
Manufacturers goals are to make styles as close as possible to the original piece shown every time. Wig Makers are artisans and these employees have many decades of experience; trained to make the items with the same consistency. However, a certain amount of variances are expected in a hand produced items.
Manufacturers often update information on their own websites. Always adhere to manufacturer guidance on care of your product.
Colours may appear different in reality from the swatch provided on screen due to variation in computer monitor displays. We can only supply a colour swatch given to us by the manufacturer. Please be aware of this when ordering.
** COLOUR APPEARANCE **
Colours on human hair will always appear warmer toned than on that of their synthetic counterparts with same name/ colour code. this is because human hair accepts dye differently from the manmade fibres.
Likewise, synthetic and HD fibres will appear slightly cooler toned than human hair - even on the same colour coding / names.
This is not a fault and you must be aware of this. This is absolutely normal. Please contact if you need further advice.
Colours may appear differently on different computer monitors and in differing lighting conditions.
BRUSHES TO USE
BRUSHES • DO THEY MATTER?
So we have often had comments from our lovely customers, including many questions in regard to why we do and do not sell specific types of brushes.
Which brush is best to use on your brand new topper or wig?
The real question "does it really matter?"
WIG BRUSH TYPE MATTERS - ALWAYS!
There is more to caring for your wig or topper than just brushing...... we do have guides on the care of your wig and topper based upon hair type, and you can read these within the blogs section.
DOES BRUSHING MATTER?
So the topic of "HOW" to brush is always a really interesting one. I, myself, never had advice on this from anyone when entering the world of alternative hair. As a result, I trashed many wigs and blamed the wig quality when I was oblivious to the fact - it was my mishandling - absolutely unintentional, but something like a brush or a care product - these things matter immensely.
It was only in reading the manufacturer guidance online that I realised this really does matter! When we think about it, it does make sense..... but it is not always something that would just jump in to our mind. After all, can we not treat it as we would our biological hair? Sadly, no - this is one area we MUST really pay attention to the differences.
YOU HAVE MADE AN INVESTMENT
You have spent money on your new hair, and it is not cheap - you have invested in the product that you feel is going to help you feel most like you.
Care of your item matters, as using the wrong brush - this can result in you causing shedding and balding of your beautiful new topper or wig, and this is absolutely devastating and heart breaking.
So let us get started on what we recommend and what our educational training has taught us.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR WIG MANUFACTURER GUIDANCE IS ALWAYS TO BE FOLLOWED AHEAD OF ANY SELLER ADVICE OR INSTRUCTION. PLEASE ALWAYS FOLLOW MANUFACTURER GUIDANCE
HOW TO BRUSH YOUR ALTERNATIVE HAIR
This is so important. You must NEVER drag any brush or comb through the hair..... you must start from the bottom in small sections around 1-2 inches and brush down then move up another inch or so.
We recommend you "finger comb" first - use your hands to gently run through the wig or topper / hair piece and gently detangle. Never pull, never cause tension as this can result in balding.
So that method of how to do the brushing / combing..... great! Wait - what do we use?
A BRUSH FOR EACH HAIR TYPE
• HEAT FRIENDLY SYNTHETIC & STANDARD SYNTHETIC
The heat friendly fibres are some of the most delicate, fine fragile. We recommend (as advised by manufacturers and factories) that you ONLYever use a wide tooth comb created specifically for your alternative hair. These are not the same as wide tooth combs that we would see in a standard hair salon for those with biological hair.
NEVER use any form of brush on your heat friendly topper or wig - it WILLcause the fibres to fray, and it causes far too much tension on the roots which will cause the wig and topper to bald or shed - this means that you are likely to have a hair piece that has the appearance of thinning and bald spots.
Standard synthetic hair we would also advise only using the wide tooth comb, as manufacturers and factories would also advise. this will help maintain longevity of your new hair piece.
• HUMAN HAIR BRUSHES
Human hair care is very different from that of synthetic hair.
We have guides on the care of human hair for you HERE but in regard to brushes, it is also important to use the correct brush type. A wide tooth comb for alternative hair is also appropriate for your human hair wig or topper, and is ideal to carry in your hand bag with you for "on the go."The paddle brush shown here is by Jon Renau and is one of our favourites for brushing throughout the day. I (Michelle) carry this in my hand bag on the days that I wear human hair alongside my wide tooth comb. These are gentle, and the soft malleable bristles are gentle and will not pull on a knot. They will not tug on your hair, as they are not rigid and firm.... they are also safe if they touch gentle cap base materials..... this is so important to us all...... safety and maintaining the integrity of our hair and our topper and wig caps / bases is imperative! We love the Jon Renau Paddle Brush on all human hair systems. You can BUY THE JON RENAU PADDLE BRUSH HERE.
As well as brushing and maininting the smooth untangled look to your wig throughout the day...... human hair does require to be styled, and for this we would look for something that has more coarse but safe bristles that work in tangent with your hair, and not pull tug or work against the hair.We would recommend the Jon Renau Boar Bristle brush for styling your human hair wig.When drying and styling the hair, it will be pinned to a secure canvas cork block head, and this brush is perfect........ it has some plastic rounded bristles intermingled with the boar bristles, and allows for beautiful blow drying without damage. Unlike biological hair that can withstand high levels of heat, your wig or topper should not be styled using a heat retaining brush - please avoid these ceramic and metallic brushes that we would use in a salon for biological hair. We want our wigs to last as long as is practicably possible!You can BUY THE BOAR BRISTLE BRUSH HERE***********************************
BRUSHES YOU SHOULD AVOID AT ALL COSTS
There are so many brushes available that do have a purpose, and can be used under some circumstances, but as a whole - we would advise you AVOID these........ these are the wire wig brushes that everyone tends to buy as a first brush (believe me, I have done this too, and learned in my own errors).......
WIRE WIG BRUSHES:
- pull on the hair and cause balding / shedding
- can pierce the topper or wig cap and cause tears in the lace or fragile base materials
- cause friction and frizz to heat friendly and synthetic fibres
- can tear the human hair items
- the most common complaint from everyone using these - "MY TOPPER AND WIG IS GOING BALD"
We have chosen NOT to stock these on our site, and although they have purposes that we will not discuss, the risk outweighs the benefit in our mind........ and longevity is what we want you to have.
Sadly, the best made topper and wig on the planet will be obliterated by using this type of brush and you will see so much hair loss to your new hair. We do not want this for you and this is why you will not find these on our site.
It is IMPERATIVE that you always follow manufacturer guidance. We advise that you never use any wire wig brush. It is however up to yourself what you do and do not do with your items....... but please note that if you use something that causes damage, this is absolutely NOT a manufacturing flaw...... but it is sadly just inappropriate handling of the product.
The culprits you want to avoid are below:
I hope that has been helpful guys.
It is not meant to be a total "YOU MUST DO THIS" but rather a little guide to help you, and to stop you making some of the mistakes that I have made in my own early wig journey.
Have a lovely day,
HUMAN HAIR CARE - FEATURING JON RENAU ARGAN CARE PRODUCTS
A wee semi educational / guide: how to wash and care for your human hair wigs
What we each use product wise is very much up to each of us. However, you should ALWAYS follow the wig manufacturers guidelines.
Jon Renau hair care products have been specifically formulated by some rather intelligent wee lab people to ensure that:
1. Hair remains well conditioned and lasts as long as practicably possible
2. Colour doesn’t fade
3. Your hair will always be a wise investment when cared for with these products.
A popular myth is that any shampoo and conditioner salon quality is effective on human hair wigs / toppers and pieces. THIS IS NOT THE CASE!
Although salon grade shampoos and conditioners are formulated for biological hair, they are created with the assumption that hair is attached to the follicle and being fed (Via Cortex / Medulla) with sebum and natural body oils..... which are requiring to be removed by the shampoo before being reconditioned.
HOWEVER With your wig, the hair is attached to a mesh base, and is not nourished - unless with appropriate wig human hair care products.
You do not want to be stripping out oils from your helper hair that those with “bio hair” would want from their hair care products.
I guess when we break it down - it does make sense, doesn’t it?!
My personal - and professional - favourite hair care products are the JON RENAU Argan shampoo , Jon Renau Argan Conditioner , mist and Heat Treat THERMAL PROTECT spray - as well as the new In Tone Violet Shampoo for you blonde girls (removes brassiness), and the Restorative Protein Builder - and dont forget the Argan mist to deep condition!
Another important consideration is how frequently we wash our hair - AND our brush must be safe too!
A quick guide (although not set in stone).....
1. Wash every 6-8 wears
2. Deep condition every 3rd wash (lighter shades require a deep condition more frequently than darker shades due to a higher level of processing)
With this being said, HOW do we wash our hair? I decided to make a video which seems pretty long winded........ so I also thought - let’s create a quick little guide for you all, and a reference - so here it is x
I hope this helps you all - human hair is an investment, and although it can be time consuming to care properly for your hair - it is worth it as the lifetime will be much longer, and financially will save you - and those well earned pennies are best off in your own pocket x x x
If you want and need human hair rather than synthetic, but you have no time to cleanse and condition or do a deep treatment, MiMo Wigs is happy to provide this service for you.
CLICK HERE FOR MIMO SALON CLEANSE AND CONDITION (Human Hair)
- Hand-tied items are done by thousands of different people every day. Therefore, slight variances are expected in all handmade items (Lace Fronts / Monofilament areas and Handtied Areas of hairpieces including colour placement). Some color variation, size variation, density variation etc. may vary slightly. This is NORMAL with any hand made item from any brand. This is not manufacture error, but due to the hand made nature of wigs and hairpeices.
- Manufacturers goals are to make styles as close as possible to the original piece shown every time. Wig Makers are artisans and these employees have many decades of experience; trained to make the items with the same consistency. However, a certain amount of variances are expected in a hand produced items. Manufacturers often update information on their own websites. Always adhere to manufacturer guidance on care of your product. Colours may appear different in reality from the swatch provided on screen due to variation in computer monitor displays. We can only supply a colour swatch given to us by the manufacturer. Please be aware of this when ordering. Colours may appear differently on different computer monitors and also note that colour on the same wig will appear diferent in differing lighting conditions. (ie studio light versus indoor versus outdoor)